Paddle boarding is becoming one of the fastest growing watersports in the world. It provides a full body workout that is both exciting and fun, with scenic views of the water and beach! To ensure you are getting the most out of paddle boarding, or if you are a beginner, please check out our video below and these useful tips:
- Prepare Your Mind – You have to have the right mindset and be prepared for setbacks, falls, and other challenges as you develop your techniques.
- Get the Right Gear – Selecting the right board is essential. Beginners tend to do better with larger stand up paddle boards since they are easier to learn how to balance on. The paddle also needs to be at least 6 to 10 inches longer than you.
- Wear Appropriate Attire – You will need sunscreen and bathing suits or wet suits, depending on the time of year. Don’t forget your floatation device, as it is required by the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Wait for Calm Weather – Learning how to paddle board is easiest in calm waters.
- Perfect Your Stance – Remember to bend your knees like a skier or golfer.
- Fall Away from the Board – When you fall, which you will do, fall away from the board to avoid impacting the hard board.
Let Your Core Do the Work – The entire body needs to work together. Otherwise, you will tire quickly.
Last, enjoy yourself! Paddle boarding is all about having fun. For more information on how to get started in stand up paddle boarding, contact BruSurf at (949) 600-3780 today!